"Community Garden Sessions"
Join us for one of our community garden sessions
The dates for 2016 are:-
|This Saturday at 1pm|
|Saturday 5th March 11am|
|Sunday 3rd April 1pm|
|Sunday 1st May 11am|
|Saturday 4th June 1pm|
|Sunday 3rd July 11am|
|Sunday 7th August 1pm|
|Saturday 3rd September 11am|
|Sunday 2nd October 1pm|
|Sunday 6th November 11am|
Ordsall Festival 2016
Saturday 23rd July 12pm - 5pm
"More park improvements on the way"....
New improvements and facilities are planned to make Ordsall park one of the best in Salford!
The story so far.....
Ordsall Park is a fantastic community green space, and has already benefited from some improvements and new facilities.
So far improvements and new facilities have included:-
- A green gym.
- Nature trail plaques.
- New seating and picnic tables.
- Extra rubbish bins.
- Refurbishment of the young children’s play area.
- Trim trail play area.
- Community Garden
- Older childrens' play area with a helicopter swing, large cargo net unit and a five swing unit.
- Repainting of the park lamp posts.
Ordsall Park is to benefit from further improvements....
Possible work may include :-
- A new pedestrian entrance next to the existing vehicle “barrier” entrance sometimes referred to as the “Tesco” entrance. This will provide easier access for disabled users, people with buggies / pushchairs and bicycles.
- New clear signage around the park, and possibly a new sign on Trafford road including “wayfinder” signage near to Tesco express.
- New pathway through woodland area between Trafford road and the artificial football pitch.
- New wide footpath around the grassed football pitch which could be used as a running track.
- General Refurbishment & Improvements